Monday, May 11, 2009

Lately...

Where I (and my brain) have been lately.

~~~update: Soooooo glad it isn't Stella. See below if confused.


** Wondering if water is so "natural" why it makes me have to puke.
** Wondering why two-year-old molars come in WAY before two.
** Wondering (and sometimes worrying) why Jack writes his letters backwards but can read them correctly. Along with this is wondering (and again worrying) how I'm going to convince a 4-year-old that it's okay to be different when it comes to handedness
** Wondering why in the world it's not November yet...or at least June. (can you tell I'm over this morning sickness bit??) and then wondering why I don't have more patience to enjoy the ride even when it undoubtedly sucks.
** Wondering how long I can actually go without cleaning my house before we're overrun with filth (seriously...the 2nd trimester can't come soon enough).
** Wondering if I'm actually going to get some pink with this baby...and if I do, wondering what in the world I'm gonna do then??
** Wondering what to call the new addition. I don't even have a fake name for this baby yet. (For those that don't know, we called Jack - Octavius Deshante and Sam -- Judah Ben-Hur until we knew boy or girl.)
** Wondering how two little boys can drink 1274923987732 gallons of milk a week. And how after drinking that milk they don't weigh two tons each.
** Wondering how only two little boys can destroy faster and more completely my house and backyard than the entire playgroup of over 25 little kids in one afternoon. Must be all the milk.
** Wondering when we're going to get to the "mother" in How I Met Your Mother and hoping it isn't Stella...

7 comments:

Meredith Harris said...

I vote LaFonda! How many weeks until the awfulness passes? I am thinking you may have 2 more?

Unknown said...

yeah 2 or three weeks more I think til no more pukey I hope. Not gonna lie -- the paper/deadline thing almost made me sick for you!

lindsey said...

Sorry you're feeling so pukey. This too shall pass!

I didn't ever like Stella, either. Glad Ted is moving on!

Misty said...

So glad it's almost over....I saw Meredith's comment and thought....2 more kids?? :) Go you! I bet you want to make that decision RIGHT NOW :). Now you just have to listen to me complain when it happens to me! Love ya girl

Amanda & Brian said...

Don't worry! Writing letters is totally backwards all of the way into first grade!!!!!! :) He'll be just fine. It probably is forshadowing of a longer battle with lowercase b vs. d.

I hope your morning sickness disappears ASAP!!!

Amanda & Brian said...

oops...duh...proof read. I meant to say...Writing letters backwards is totally normal. Sorry...I don't sleep much these days. (One reason not to rush the pregnancy.) ;)

Unknown said...

Amanda -- Honest to goodness, had you not corrected yourself I never would have noticed. I guess I corrected it in my head as I read it (english teacher hangs head in shame...)
as far as sleep goes...I hope to get some by 2030.