After attempting to breathe in the sweet smell of my new little girl it became readily apparent that there was NO sweet smell to be found. Luke and I put our heads together and realized that Grace's hair had only been washed once since she was born (mainly because of her scalp IV). Desperate to remedy the situation ASAP I pulled out the baby soap and tub, flung the camera at Luke and we locked the boys out of the bathroom on Saturday before Grace's first photo shoot. Here are some obligatory first bath snapshots -- all parts are appropriately covered! And I'll pretend I'm not bummed that I had no "girlie" towels to wrap her in -- the yellow ducks were as gender neutral as was to be found (it was that or dogs and frogs...)
Not too bad at first

Not Okay with hair washing

Still convinced we're trying to torture her

Realizing the drying part isn't that bad

Worn out and still not real happy with mom

4 comments:
Awww! First bath!!! Love it! Makes me think back and remember. Brings tears to my eyes. What a precious moment for the three of you!
Too cute! Grandmas will have to work on remedying that no girlie towel situation! I think we are up to the task!
I concur with Grandma P! We're off to shop for all things pink, purple, plum, lavander ... frills and bows... OHHH the possibilities :) Grammy Su
I LOVE that sweet baby face.
Post a Comment