Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I always wanted an older brother

And I always wanted a brother like Jack. What a boy. He holds hands with Grace and Sam while we drive in the car so they won't cry. He plays with Sam all day. He constantly tells Grace how beautiful she is. He is my second set of eyes and ears and hands when we all venture out together. He is a patient teacher and is more forgiving of his siblings than I am of him often. Luke and I always say that we couldn't have chosen a better kid to be the "big brother" if we tried. Just wanted to brag on my oldest baby -- I've come to see him in a new light lately and I couldn't be more proud of him and more thankful for him. Here's looking at you big kid!

3 comments:

Aims said...

What a wonderfully sweet post!

Anonymous said...

He is such a sweet, big boy!

Misty said...

That is sweet! We have some marvelous big sibs for our babies! :)