The end of February brought with it the Pre-K and Kindergarten Bible Study teachers' day to have pizza with the pastor. The idea is to allow pre-school workers, who are often sequestered from "big" church and other adults, the opportunity to fellowship with like-servants and hear a word of encouragement from the pastor. I always like getting a chance to talk with other pre-school teachers; we're friends with many of them (my OB actually teaches kinder down the hall from us). And it's nice to catch up with our pastor's wife -- I taught their son my first year in Katy, she and I taught VBS together one year and now they've adopted a little girl with the same birthday as Grace. Needless to say I was actually looking forward to this commitment. And apparently so was Sam...
When Barbara, our pre-school minister, began speaking Luke leaned over to Sam to tell him to quiet down because, "Ms. Barbara is talking." Sam's response was an extra-loud declaration of "I talkin' too!" on repeat. Fantastic.
Then Alex, our pastor, stood to speak -- he said, "I'd just like to say a quick word." And before he could say the quick word, Sam belched loud enough to shake the foundation of the building. It was brilliant comedic timing and the room burst into laughter. I wished the floor would open up and swallow me whole.
And thus ended our Pizza with the Pastor...
No comments:
Post a Comment