For my Dad's 50th birthday we all pitched in to get him a NASCAR experience -- 8 laps in a real race car at the Texas World Speedway. We made the roadtrip at the end of March to watch the experience live. We had a BLAST! The boys loved the cars and I thought I was going to have to pull Sam off the track (seriously they needed a higher retaining wall!). Dad ended up driving 16 laps and from all the pictures he had a good time. Now the boys yell "Go Papa GO!" at every racing game they see/play; Jack tells me he's moving to Pearland to get ready for his race someday when he'll get to race #88 (that was Dad's car); Sam shouts "PAPA RACE!" when he hears a big engine. Jack is still wondering why there was no trophy though...
Enjoy the pictures of our trip!
I'm a MOM (Mother Of Many) and wife. Here I chronicle loves and laughter, tears and fears; all while trying to seek first His kingdom, simply, authentically, completely.
Monday, May 24, 2010
NASCAR fun
Dad driving the #88 car -- his 2nd 8 laps :)
The boys watching the cars zoom past
Sam checking things out
Jack -- and his goofy new pose
Little Boys with Big Boy Toys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment