Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hill Country Vacation 2010

This year we vacationed in the sprawling metropolis of Utopia, TX. Seriously...maybe 12 people live there (ok maybe it's more than that...but it's small!). My parents rented a ranch house on the Sabinal River for the week. There are tons of pictures from that week so I put them in a slideshow so you could see them all without crashing your server. (Mom let me know if you can't get these and I'll send them to you!)

We had a good time. Even though our stretch of Sabinal was too cold to swim in the boys enjoyed fishing in it. And they didn't mind the daily trips to Leakey to swim the Frio (complete with ice cream stops!)! I never thought I'd say the Frio was warm but compared to the Sabinal it was! We had a friendly doe that visited in the morning and evening and several hummingbirds that graced us with their presence. Unfortunately we had 3 scorpions make a visit; 2 of them stung some folks -- Luke and Grace one day and Papa Mark the next -- but after some benadryl none were worse for the wear. We even floated the Frio -- all of us, even Grace!! It was fun! I have zero pictures from our Frio time because I didn't want to endanger the camera so you'll just have to imagine it :)


No comments: