Monday, May 21, 2012

The girls are here

I know most of you know this but for posterity's sake and to cover those who may not know...our daughters are here!  April 28th, two girls named Malayasia and Analeah, moved into our home to become a part of our family -- forever! I've had a wicked case of writer's block since they arrived, primarily because I'm worried I'll share too much.  The girls are older and so it feels like there is a difference in what I can share. I don't know if that's true, but the thought of it has dammed up any writing I might have been doing.  I'll try to share, here and now, enough to answer some questions.  Consider this my metaphorical toe-dipping into the water.

 How old are the girls?  What do they look like? Malayasia is 11.5 years old and Analeah is 10 -- 5th and 4th grades respectively.  Both girls are part hispanic, part black.  Malayasia is tall -- only three inches shorter than me! -- while Analeah is on the shorter end of the growth chart.  Both girls are stunningly beautiful, with dark eyes, sparkling smiles and gorgeous curly hair.  They have cute personalities too which makes them oh so loveable!

How did this happen?  Unlike all the other kids that have some through our house, the girls were not a CPS case.  The girls have a younger brother that was adopted by some very dear friends of ours.  When we found out that the girls were looking for a home too we begin to pray about the entire situation.  It took a while to get some of the human issues out of the way but once we all moved aside and let God work, things happened quickly!  This is a private adoption, of sorts.  We already have relinquishment and will finalize on the adoption in about another 5 months (state law says you have to wait 6 months before adoption consummation can occur).  The absolute best part of this is that the girls won't leave!  They are ours, forever and ever.  The consummation in 5 months is just to dot all the legal i's and such.

How are you doing?  We are doing well.  I'd be lying if I said there isn't an adjustment period.  While that has been difficult at times, I have to say that it's nothing like I thought it would be.  And at the end of the day, it's so hard to struggle with people who crave love and affection and attention so completely.

Can we see pictures?  I'm sure you could...if I would ever take any!  Chasing 5 big kids around is a challenge!  And the girls rarely sit still for a photo op.  Mostly they are running wild with the boys and I'm lucky if I'm able to capture a picture on my phone.  Once things slow down (we are in intake mode with doctor and dentist appts) I'm going to schedule some time with a photographer to get some professional shots.

I'll post more later...just wanted to get a little out there!

3 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

LOVE this! So happy for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I am beyond happy for you and your big family! God is so awesome and His plan seems so crazy to us sometimes, but that "craziness" is so worth it. Your girls are so beautiful and I am so proud of y'all for living boldly for our Lord and following Him!

Misty said...

I love you and your brood :)