Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The first official

It's official...I have finally climbed on the blogging wagon. Honestly, I have no idea why I decided to do this. Actually that's not exactly true -- I know WHY I wanted to blog but I have no idea why I decided to actually start blogging. Let's start at the top I suppose. The blog is entitled "My Cluttered Brain." I have noticed that the older I get and the more complicated and involved my life becomes, the less time I have to talk to myself about all the issues that consume my time. (Yes, I talk to myself on a regular basis). I have found of late, however, that that the older Jack gets the less time I have to interact with my own thoughts; thus, the blog was created. Hopefully, even if no one reads it, notices it, responds to it at least I might have the opportunity to put on "paper" the things that seem to clutter my brain.

Why not a journal? After recently destroying 4 different journals from my youth -- all with approximately 4 entries each and replete with horribly embarassing love confessions -- I have decided that journaling does not have enough accountability for me. I need an audience lest I spiral down a dangerous path of self-righteous babble.

So the earth shattering thoughts for today (there are several): First, I fell up the stairs. That's right, I said UP the stairs...at school...during the passing period. Let me paint a mental picture. As it is currently TAKS week, I was comfortably dressed in jeans and a spirit shirt, sporting my new sneakers. Laden with bags of papers not to mention my purse, I took off for my study hall class with one minute before the tardy bell. While it is unadvisable for students to be late, it is extremely poor taste for teachers to be late! I attempted, despite the excrutiating lack of leg length, to scale the stairs two at a time. At the last stair, my shoe caught and I stumbled. Yes, I attempted to right myself but unfortunately I became irreversibly tangled in my belongings and crashed face first into a brick wall. Several scraps and bruises later, I arrived to my study hall a fashionable two minutes late (I had to stop and clean up). I think the thing that has bothered me most about this event was not that it happened, but that I still truly care what others think -- including the 17 year olds who witnessed the crash. You would think I would have resolved my insecurities at this point in my life.

There is more...so much more...but Jack is finished with his bath and so duty calls...

No comments: