This is the 3rd time I have attempted this entry. The first time events were fresh and the mind was cluttered but clear. That was before Jack taught himself to unplug the computer. The second time I sat down and attempted to re-create the first but only resulted in a trite confession that most, including myself, would find boring at best. There was no way that the 2nd draft could ever have the oomph that the first did -- the issue is somewhat resolved and considering it is Wednesday, all my reserve fuel has been spent for the week, finding me exhausted at 8:30...willing myself to stay awake longer than the preschooler next door and the old folks across the street.
Thus...no entry...only news...as of today I have officially been given control of the entire Advanced Placement English Language and Compostion (English IIIAP) course. My superior in the dept has taken a job as a curriculum specialist and passed the torch along to me. It is a bittersweet appointment; I am excited about the prospect of revamping some curricula choices and yet I am bit forelorn about losing the possibility of taking the English IVAP spot. I was, in a strange way, looking forward to being that quirky English literature teacher. You know the one -- weird room, crazy teaching methods, even more bizarre reading/viewing selections. C'est la vie!
No comments:
Post a Comment