Thursday, May 3, 2007

The big news...


I want to publish this post NOW -- the date it is penned -- but if you are reading it, then it must be June. Guess what?? WE ARE PREGNANT!! This baby is a total and complete surprise; Luke and I are so excited, bewildered, and a little overwhelmed. I always thought that the giddiness that accompanied the news of Jack's pregnancy would repeat with each subsequent pregnancy but that hasn't happened. Both Luke and I are stunned by our general serenity. Yes we are excited but the sense of urgency that came with Jack is not present. It is a bizarre feeling -- to know that we are preparing for another life and yet are calm and relaxed about the entire thing.

Unfortunately that is not all that is different about my two pregnancies. While I was tired with Jack I was never sick. This pregnancy has brought the concept of "morning sickness" to the forefront of my pregnancy repertoire. All this means that in addition to being tired because I am the mommy of a toddler, I am exhausted beyond all reason with the pregnancy sleeps and I am nauseous about 18 out of 24 hours a day. The cruel joke is that I'm starving -- nothing tastes good and nothing makes me feel better. Oh what we do for the littlest ones!

So it is with this post that I say farewell to soft cheese, lunchmeat, Venti lattes from Starbucks and say hello to Tums! Here is to a very adventurous 40 weeks (and yes we will make it this time!!).

No comments: