Monday, March 3, 2008

a fun game from a friend

My friend Lindsey posted this on her blog and I couldn't resist.

So here it is:

10 years ago:
I was 16 years old and busy spending my days either in band rehearsals or cheerleading practice. Around this time of year I would have been gearing up for cheer try-outs which meant lots of trips to the tanning salon and a new set of blonde locks. I was also dating a boy who would some day turn out to be the least successful person I know (and perhaps the dirtiest). SOOOO glad God's plans are better than my own!

Things on my to-do list today:
It's 8pm on a Saturday and things still to be accomplished include grading a stack of research outlines, laundry ad naseum, put away stuff from the baby shower this morning and I am hoping to also get in a little movie time on the couch with my husband.

What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire:
Quit my job, pay the kids college, pay ALL the bills -- and who knows what else...

Three of my bad habits:
gossiping, eating (when I'm happy/sad/angry/celebrating, etc -- everytime except when I ought to eat), anger -- I have a mean temper that must learn to control.

Five job I've had:
mommy
teacher (from TAKS remediation to 9th grade all the way to 11th grade Advanced Placement -- you could say I'm an English-teaching stud)
Learning Specialist for TAMU
office assistant in COALS development office at TAMU (I took donations from a bunch of rich farmers and ranchers)
principal intern at a private school

Five things people didn't know about me:
I wish I was this complicated...
1. My math skills are atrocious. I can work derivatives and integrals but I can't divide fractions.
2. I secretly think about (and occasionally plan) opening a bakery someday. The silly thing even has a name and a decor scheme.
3. I sometimes wonder if I have already had my 15 minutes of fame...and if so, what was it? my name mentioned for honor roll a thousand times? and then I think that if I had known that was what I would spend it on, I would have been more of an attention hog.
4. I have never wanted to be President of the USA...but I do wish I was his personal assistant sometimes. The stuff that woman knows must be AMAZING (see my bad habits list)
5. Despite my best efforts, I am fairly certain that it wasn't my mad dance skills that won over my husband initially but rather my ability to speak intelligently about the Aggie secondary.

No comments: