Ugggghhh...I hate schedules. I loathe schedules. I abhor schedules. That's why I chose a career that made a schedule for me. I didn't have to think about it...I just did my thing and let the bells run my life. Of course I was also the teacher that complained about the lack of time to get a leisurely cup of coffee or take a trip to the ladies' room or have a conversation beyond, "Good morning, how are you?"
Now that I am home I realize the value of the schedule; with this of course I realize my complete incompetency in the schedule making arena. Should I limit tv time to 30 minutes or one hour? Should we play outside in the morning or after nap? When should we have school time (Jack's favorite time of day is sitting at his table and doing his "school work" -- practicing his letters, drawing shapes, reading, etc)? When should I schedule my errands? Does it matter that playgroup doesn't exactly fit? On and on these questions run through my head.
Yes I could say it all doesn't really matter that much but then I fear we would spend our days plopped on the couch watching entirely too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Veggietales and not nearly enough time living. While it's true that this schedule thing is outside the comfort zone of my laissez-faire approach to life it seems to be one of the truly important things for stay-at-home mommies and their kiddos. I have been tweaking this darn schedule now since the beginning of June and still haven't gotten it quite right -- and I know that in about 2 weeks the whole thing will be thrown out the window for swim lessons. Maybe I'll get things figured out by fall...
No comments:
Post a Comment