Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A barrel of laughs

I know...the third post today...but I couldn't end the day without sharing Jack's latest comedy routine. Of course he didn't intend any of this to be comedic; nonethless Luke and I were in stitches.

On the way to church this evening we listened to Jack's rousing version of "Glorious Day" by Todd Agnew; he belts it out for all to hear. Coming home, the cd changer had switched to the next cd in line which happens to be one of the collection from Northgate Noise. In particular we ended up listening to "All the Gold" -- I actually have no idea what the given title of the song is. Anyway, we had to sit in the car until the song concluded; when the door opened to the back seat Jack began belting out acapella "all the gooooold in califoooonia is in a bank in the middle of bearly knolls in somebody else's name. so if you're dreeeeeeaaaamin' about califooooonia it don't matter at all where played befo' califooonia's a brand new game." He was so loud I was worried the neighbors were going to come out of their houses. (and no, we don't listen to this often...Jack just has a way with music memorization).

Move to inside. We were letting the boys play a little before bath in hopes they would both come down from their super-stimulated post church phase. Jack handed Luke a red bouncy ball and then held up a little Gideon Bible someone gave him a long time ago. He asked, "Do you know which sir this Bible belongs to?" Completely confused by the question Luke answered in the negative. Jack responded, "Mr. Jack! And now I'm going to tell you a story." Jack opened the Bible like it was a picture book with the text facing out and said, "a long time ago there was a man named David. And there were some Jewish people and they RAN AND RAN AND RAN (picture Jack doing the running man style dance). The end." We eventually asked enough questions to discover that Jack combined the stories of Moses leading the Jewish people out of Egypt with a character sketch of David in his pre-king days. He was so cute it was difficult to keep a straight face. Plus you can't see the running-man and not laugh.

No comments: