Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ever tried to herd cats?

Luke and I first heard this saying uttered by a passer-by one Sunday as we tried to convince our class of 12 two year olds to walk quickly from the playground back to the classroom. Truer words have never been spoken. The phenomenon was repeated again today as during our playgroup's annual costume party we moms attempted to convince 12 small children ranging in age from almost 4 years -- 6 months to sit still while we snapped photos like the French paparazzi. I'd post the pics that I did get but I know some moms are wary about their little ones faces online. But so you know we didn't get a single shot of everyone sitting much less in the same scene all at once. Most kids are in various stages of climbing up and down the furniture or crawling to mom or crying in every single shot. Plenty of shots include close-ups of mommy bottoms. There are very few smiles as most of the kids look a little freaked by all the goings-on. After the picture of course we did figure out that a cookie in every hand would have solved most of the issues. Oh well, there's always next year!

No comments: