We researched, we purchased and then we did a trial; the result -- add my name to the list of cloth diapering mamas. I love my cd's!! It hasn't been any more difficult than disposables and I know I've saved money and did a little to help the environment too. There are some things I've had to re-think (outings to playgroup for example) but a little thinking never hurt anyone, right?! Sam doesn't seem to mind the change although he is ready for mom to figure out those prefolds already!! Right now we are using a combo of one-size pocket diapers (these look just like a standard disposable diap) and prefolds (more traditional cloth diap) and truthfully I like them both equally. The pockets are easier right now because like I not-so-subtly alluded to earlier I haven't quite gotten the knack to a good fold for the pre-fold but that should come with a little practice.
Here's what we are using: bumgenius 3.0 one size pockets, happy heiny's one size pockets, and mommy's touch one size pockets; bleached Chinese pre-folds and bummi's super whisper cover. I haven't tried snappi's with the pre-folds because I'm a little nervous about snapping some man business in the process! And don't even think about suggesting a pin -- I can barely get earrings into already made holes! We tried a bumwear one size pocket but had a problem getting a good fit in the leg area.
I know some cd'ing moms check in here periodically so send any advice you may have this way! Detergent recommendations (right now I am using Tide powder)? Folding tricks?
A big THANKS to my friend Misty who, despite having her sweet baby a little over a week ago, has tirelessly answered my million and one questions and got me on my way to cd'ing success!!
1 comment:
You're sweet. You did it on your own, I barely helped :) But oh how I love it, it's so fun. When I tried the prefold on Micah for the first time, I couldn't remember how I did it with Cara 6 months ago. Now I've got it down, you can come watch one day if you want. It's easy peasy.
Post a Comment