Thursday, November 6, 2008

I won't say I told you so but...

A conversation I had with Jack this afternoon post-school.

Jack: Is there a baby in your tummy, mommy?
Me: (in my most offended tone, thinking "doesn't this kid know I've just lost 20 lbs??!!") NO!
Jack: why not?
Me: Remember, the baby came out. He's sitting right over there (point toward Sam).
Jack: Do you have any more babies in there?
Me: Nope, no more babies.
Jack: why not?
Me: because. there just aren't any more babies in there
Jack: well there should be. we need more babies.
Me: oh yeah, how many more babies do we need?
Jack (holds up ten fingers spread wide): BUNCHES!!
Me (laughing): really? should we have them all at once or one at a time.
Jack (eyes roll up to the right as he ponders this): whatever!

And then he ran off to play. I told you it would come up again, this idea of more babies. I wish I knew where he was getting it!

3 comments:

Misty said...

I promise I didn't go to Jack's school and whisper it into his ear ;)

Amanda & Brian said...

How funny!!! Wish we could have met them at the wedding. We didn't realize y'all were in the car. What happened to you?

Unknown said...

Sorry we missed you guys! Our babysitter fell through and believe me when I say I did everyone a favor by not bringing the dynamic duo! Little boys just don't do well at weddings!! We need to give you guys a call soon to do dinner -- I didn't realize you were so close to Pearland!