Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The State of the Family

Technically I'm not the CEO of the family -- that title belongs to Luke. But I think it's a safe move to assume the title of Chief Operations Officer. So here it is...the state of the Pearson family -- a glimpse behind to 2008 and a hopeful stare into the future for what 2009 has in store.

The Old
I quit my job a very short 6 months ago and have enjoyed almost every moment. It would be an outright lie to claim every moment -- ask Luke how many times I've called waving my white flag of surrender. Jack potty-trained at a break-neck pace leaving those toddler diapers a distant memory for mom! Jack also began official pre-school and has taken to it like a champ. Sam grew from a wee-one to a WALKER -- you should see him go! He also became the proud owner of 14 teeth. Luke led us to teach kindergarten Bible study which has been a blessing in both our lives. He also worked his way up the corporate ladder which while not his goal is a nice thing to achieve nonetheless.

The New
I am slowly getting plugged into various ministries at church now that work doesn't fill my time. I'm also trying on different hats to find my hobby -- what a novelty that is. Hopefully this new year will be filled with new experiences on both fronts. Jack has little league basketball and baseball to look forward to this year as well as the culmination of his first year of pre-school and the beginning of his second (and last) year. May this next year hold much success and enjoyment as he explores his interests in both sports and music. Sam has a whole new world open to him now that he can walk. We expect this next year to be full of firsts for him now that he can explore more fully the world around him. We also hope to hear more from him as he matures and learns to add to conversations more completely. Luke is setting his sights at more pre-school service as well the welcome team for the church. He is also preparing to sit for his PE (professional engineer) exam sometime this year (probably October). While not a requirement for his current position, it will certainly be an asset to his career. As far as family numbers are concerned, we anticipate beginning the journey to adding another to our numbers this year. No another baby is not in the works yet but sometime in 2009 we hope to experience the joy of announcing another's arrival.

We've wished you all a Merry Christmas so now our wish is for a Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I too am hoping to begin the journey known as pregnancy again in 2009- want to hang out at the hospital with me again? Dr. Mullin might even offer a same-day discount this time. :o)

The Lyons Family said...

Thanks for the awesome update, Friend! :) PLEASE PLEASE share your break-neck potty training techniques with me ASAP, as we plan to start that up after New Year's Day! I'm scared. :) Love ya & miss ya bunches!!!

Unknown said...

Amanda -- seriously let's check on the discount! Dr. M is gonna kill us for doing this to her twice!

Jenn -- Jake likes to read right? So does Jack so a book about potty time was great -- kinda gross but effective. Also let him watch dad and let Jake run around au naturale. If it helps, let him go outside -- boys are weird like that.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!

The Lyons Family said...

The au naturale thing would probably work in Texas, but I think the cold weather up here would do some SERIOUS damage to his ego, if you know what I mean! hahahahaha :D

Thanks for the tips. We tried a "seat session" w/ one of those cushy potty toppers and he threw a fit, PLUS he's still waking up SOAKED so I think we're not quite ready. Definitely not going to press the issue, so we'll revisit again in a month or so.