I've brought you the product of my thoughts while on the date with Luke; now I'll bring you some thoughts I had today as I galavanted across Houston with my kiddos. There are only a few...
1. As I was pumping gasoline into the Green Monster (my expedition) in preparation for the trip, I studied my appearance in a close-by storefront window and tried to convince myself that surely the image I saw was distorted; I'm a hip, young mom after all. Ego slightly bruised I turned and noticed my reflection in the side of my car and continued to attempt convince myself that this time it was a combination of the curve of the car door and the amount of filth on it that distorted the image. That's when I wondered, "am I the perfect contestant for 'What Not to Wear'?" Seriously...is that Stacy what's-her-name woman lurking in the shadows waiting to toss all my clothes in the garbage bin as she mercilessly makes fun of my choices?! Then the epiphany hit. I triple-dog-dare that woman to trade places with me for a week. Bring all your cute clothes and sassy shoes, all the handbags and accessories, all the "product" and hair tools -- bring them to my house and do my job. Let's see how long that lasts. I'd like her to do my job, kids, house and all dressed her way. She'd have to worry about more than herself and focus on things like daily vitamin requirements for 4 people, proper social/physical/emotional/spiritual and intellectual growth for two people, budget minded living, and on and on and on. I wonder if she's go for it...and if she did I wonder, if at the end of the week, she'd have kept her style or if she'd look a little more like me...
2. I passed a van labeled "2M Office Supplies" and thought of this tagline for them, "2M Office Supplies. When you just don't care enough to pay for the extra M."
3. I took the kiddies to McD's today. I love all the posters for salads and apples. Cracks me up -- that and the ad I saw attempting to convince me that McD's s produce is better for me than the grocery store salad I could make myself. Plus the McD's salad comes with a side of French Fries.
That's all...I'm going to work on a more edifying post for next time.
1 comment:
Love the post! Love the humor! Love YOU!!! :) Have a WONDERFUL day, Friend! *HUGS*
Post a Comment