Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Night at the Movies

Last night Luke and I trekked to the Woods, The Woodlands to be exact to drop the boys off with Grandma so we could enjoy some much needed grown-up time. I love shopping in The Woodlands -- Market Street is awesome! So before heading to Benihana to satisfy the jonesin' I've been having we ventured to the mall. Blah, blah, blah...no one wants to hear these details. I just figured I should set the scene. At the end of the night I've come to a few conclusions that I think are share-worthy...and here they are...

1. You shouldn't be allowed to shop in stores geared to crowds younger than yourself...particularly if the store was FOUNDED after you were born. I passed American Eagle only to find a mid-50s aged woman checking out the clothes...for herself. In the window, one of the shirts she was considering said, "founded in nineteen eighty seven" My thought: yeah, you wish ma'am...more like nineteen fifty seven!' Ouch...that was tacky, but let's be real.

2. Certain Hollywood "stars" should be sentenced to jail sentences of considerable length for teaching little boys that wearing hoodies and sunglasses at night is cool...seriously they just look like tools. Also -- the "punk" look is NOT new...not at all. In fact it hasn't been that long ago since Flock of Seagulls wore hair that was SHOCKINGLY similar to some of the coifs I saw yesterday. Dude...it wasn't good then either!

3. Small children should not be taken to nice restaurants in the evening on typical date nights. I left my munchkins at home only to be seated at a table where the number of kids' meals outnumbered the adult entrees. Pissed was I?? Oh you can bet on it. (In case you were curious, these awesome parents then took the little ones to the movies -- at nine pm).

4. There is such a thing as too much Pink. I know some of you are shocked to find that sentence coming from me. I saw a lady pushing a VERY expensive stroller/car seat combo in a horridly tacky dark pink/light pink/black plaid. It was awful...seriously...I think it scarred my retinas.

5. People will buy anything as long as its labeled with a name brand. Take Williams-Sonoma for example. We stumbled upon some of their "Famous Texas Chili Starter" -- complete with advertisement of true Texas beer -- Lone Star beer to be exact. REALLY?? From what I remember from my college days, Lone Star Beer ranked up there with Natty Light in tastes horrible but is super cheap and therefore great for college kids category. WS couldn't splurge for Shiner? (I just realized that latest entry made me sound like a beer connoisseur -- totally untrue).

Overall -- a wonderful night -- good shopping, good food, decent movie, awesome conversation. Two thumbs up -- an evening worth the repeat, of course that's what I say every time we do this!!

No comments: