**** WARNING!!! THIS POST TALKS ABOUT POOP. DON'T WANNA READ ABOUT POOP? SKIP THIS POST!!****
(I love how I mention "poop" twice in the warning...hope you weren't trying to actually avoid it!) Tonight I've cleaned urine and poop (two different times) leading me to wonder if in this circumstance people would still think it's abuse to staple my son's diaper to his boo-heiney. (disclaimer -- not actually considering this, crazy fools...) Here is where we stand. I do NOT want to potty-train Sam, at least not yet. He is young by any standard and especially young for a boy at only 21 months. Sam however HAS decided that diapers are yesterday's garbage (pun totally intended). This morning he quietly ducked into the downstairs bathroom, removed his poopie diaper, wiped himself spotlessly clean (amazingly clean actually), pulled his pajama bottoms up and continued on about his morning. Only when I gave him a hug while preparing breakfast did I realize he was sans-diaper. After a fretful search of the house I discovered he had delicately placed the diaper, wrapped up, in the trash can. WHAT??!!!??? Who does that? Having kept the training potty out I pulled out the potty book today thinking if Sam understands enough of the act to accomplish this morning's stunt perhaps a reading or two while on the new seat would encourage more. Throughout the day Sam would pull off his diaper, run to the bathroom and...do absolutely nothing. Not disappointed I let the act continue hoping to preempt the next attempt or at least catch him in the act. NOPE. After dinner today, he let 'er rip...quite literally, leaving me to clean the carpet not once, not twice but thrice (love using thrice...). Add to this his latest fad of stripping his diaper from his bum, running around au naturale only to bring me a diaper when it's "time". I'm stumped. I can't keep a diaper on the kid; he can pull his own pants down, remove his diaper and clean himself. I obviously can't let him run around the house bare-booty leaving Sammy-piles in his wake. I also can't imagine it's a good idea to continue the habit of bringing mom a diaper when the mood strikes, so to speak -- that can't instill good habits. I have no idea what to do. Ideas? Suggestions? Funny stories to make me feel better???
3 comments:
Sam is a genius! I have got nothing helpful for you on this one, I did however clean the carpet of urine 3 times this week. I feel a bit of your pain.
Jonas likes to remove his diaper. However, he is not kind enough to wipe himself and place the diaper in the trash. We takes it off, rubs the poop all around his surroundings and then LICKS HIS FINGERS! Seriously?! The dude already has some crazy poop. Yesterday Jonas was playing in the living room and I was sitting on the couch. I heard the poop hit the diaper, he shifted something and started going the other direction and before I could get to him there were several poop droplets left in his wake. How, pray tell, do they do this? I don't have a lot of answers for you here. I should....all my kids liked to pull off the diapers. What did I do before?.....
Wow- I am absolutely zero help except that I feel so bad for you! I can probably expect something like this from #2, but E is only now pulling his stuff off. I mean, if he's wiping and putting the diapers in the trash... maybe start offering up those treats for the potty- he could just be a potty-training savant and is wondering why you are trying to hold him back =).
Post a Comment