Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sometimes I do not feel capable to raise my childeren

First of all, this is Luke writing---which should explain the poor grammar---I just had to share an interesting experience.

So I finished up reading Jack his bedtime story and told him that tomorrow we would be reading "Jesus feeds 5,000." Jack, being is typical inquisitive self, asked 5,000. I proceeded to explain that it meant 5,000 men and that if our family had been there only I would have been counted--even though Jesus would have also fed Mommy, Sam and him. Jack then added "and Ginger (our dog), too".

I paused and said "I dunno...I guess he would have fed Ginger."

To which Jack responded, "DAADDD, 'even the dogs eat the scraps that fall from their masters' table'."

That is right my 4 year old son, just corrected me---citing scripture (Mathew 4:27).

3 comments:

Misty said...

go Jack! :)

Amber said...

Ouch! You might want to start writing down things you say to him now because I sense them coming back at you in his teenage years.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That gave me chills. :)
-Andrea B.