Grace Abigail Pearson joined our family Friday night at 9:09pm. She weighed 6lbs 2oz and was 18.75" long. Her official gestational age is 36 weeks to the day. She is beautiful!! We had our hopes that Grace would be far enough along to not need the NICU but about 4am Saturday it became clear that she needed a little extra help breathing. Currently she is in the level 2 NICU. She is doing well, breathing easier with some oxygen assistance (as of this writing, 33% 02 by nasal CPAP). She is no longer tachypnic so we are hoping she can continue to be weaned and can come off oxygen soon. I so wanted to post more traditional hospital photos, free of wires and medical devices, but it wasn't meant to be. This particular picture is from Saturday AM when Grace was under an oxygen hood -- she was moved to CPAP Saturday PM. Rest assured I'll post more -- complete with lots of big pink bows!
I'm a MOM (Mother Of Many) and wife. Here I chronicle loves and laughter, tears and fears; all while trying to seek first His kingdom, simply, authentically, completely.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Isn't she lovely!!
Grace Abigail Pearson joined our family Friday night at 9:09pm. She weighed 6lbs 2oz and was 18.75" long. Her official gestational age is 36 weeks to the day. She is beautiful!! We had our hopes that Grace would be far enough along to not need the NICU but about 4am Saturday it became clear that she needed a little extra help breathing. Currently she is in the level 2 NICU. She is doing well, breathing easier with some oxygen assistance (as of this writing, 33% 02 by nasal CPAP). She is no longer tachypnic so we are hoping she can continue to be weaned and can come off oxygen soon. I so wanted to post more traditional hospital photos, free of wires and medical devices, but it wasn't meant to be. This particular picture is from Saturday AM when Grace was under an oxygen hood -- she was moved to CPAP Saturday PM. Rest assured I'll post more -- complete with lots of big pink bows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Val, she is so beautiful. I'm so happy for y'all. We're praying that she will be free of intervention soon, but I'm grateful that such measures are available for that sweet baby. Love you all!
She is so beautiful Valerie. I am so thrilled to pieces for you and Luke and the boys. I am praying for you daily my friend. I admire you greatly for your faith and strength!
Post a Comment