Thursday, December 10, 2009

3AM Musings

** Updated to correct The Fonz -- it's HENRY not HARRY. Thanks Celesta for catching my goof.

Wanna know what I think about as I feed my sweet little girl in the wee hours of the morning? I thought you might...

-- I wonder what it's like to be Henry Winkler (you know -- The Fonz). What's it like to walk through life knowing that in your career you were part of creating an iconic American character? More than that Happy Days made infamous the idea of "jumping the shark." And who did the jumping -- Henry Winkler of course! He has attached to his mantel of self both the cool character of The Fonz and the less than desirable images of jumping a shark on water skis. I wonder if that bothers him or if he considers it an honor or if he doesn't even think about it.

-- I wonder if other people's kids have "poop buttons." We have discovered that all of our kids will poop almost as if on command if you poke their belly buttons. Do other people's kids do that? Or does is it simply a correlation between my kids and their outie belly buttons? Which brings me to another question. What, in the general population, is the prevalence of outie belly buttons? Is it 50/50 or is it like being left-handed, far more rare than having an innie? And if it's rare -- what are the odds that all three of my kids would get an outie? Does the combination of Luke's and my DNA result in conditions ripe for outies?

-- I wonder if other people's kids eat like barracudas...

6 comments:

Amanda & Brian said...

Gabriel doesn't have a "poop button" and he has an innie...if that helps you in your quest for answers. lol He also does not eat like a barracuda.

Misty said...

so is the new blog design something you've liked, or did you just recently embrace your pinkness?? ;)

Unknown said...

amanda -- good to know...adding your info to my data collection as I continue to ponder the concept of a poop button.

misty -- oh hunny...how have we been friends this long and i've failed to reveal my intense (almost psychotic) affinity for all things pink??? I tried to keep it toned down on the blog since I often wrote about the boys but now I don't care. Pink makes me happy!

The White Family said...

Hey Val! FYI, it's Henry Winkler, not Harry Winkler. I'll forgive you this time since it was 3am! Hope we can see you guys in January.

Unknown said...

ahhhh can't believe I got the name wrong...typing while nursing is a bad combo -- especially with ZERO sleep!

Misty said...

No, I know you love pink, I was just surprised that it only came out on the blog after Grace was born ;)