I'm sure that one day I'll look back on days like today with fondness and smile a nostalgic smile...
...but right now, here where I live, you know in the present, days like today just make me shake my head...
...because Sam yanked a little girl off one of his toys by her ponytail and then shot another little girl in the head with a nerf dart at point blank range (at least that one was an accident...he doesn't have the best aim).
...because Jack insisted on discussing the merits of Kay Bailey Hutchinson's new campaign over a meal of Chicken McNuggets and then proceeded to laugh at his brother's flatulence.
...because Sam is sporting his Mickey Mouse pj pants and crocs as part of his ensemble, changing him wasn't worth the fight.
...because Jack is genuinely upset he has yet to have his "talk" with dad about breaking his brother's toy (only because he's anxious to know how much money a replacement toy is going to cost him)
... because, most of all, these days that don't feel all that unique or special, that feel crazy and insane and exhausting are my life ... wrapped in dirt and sticky kisses, my beautiful, wonderful life.
2 comments:
my girls weren't hurt, don't worry about it :) And I'm so happy I'm along for this ride with you!
Love the new layout. AND, how amazingly wonderful is your life!!?? If it's insanity, at least you're not alone.
Post a Comment