Monday, December 7, 2009

And the final diagnosis is...

After almost 36 hours in the NICU at Texas Children's Hospital Grace was discharged and given a clean-ish bill of health. While not completely 100%, she improved dramatically since her arrival there and the doctors were convinced she was okay to go home. Grace's lethargy and refusal to eat led doctors to worry something sinister may have been going on. After a full sepsis work-up including blood cultures, a lumbar puncture and several nasal washes it was determined that Grace has RSV. After several hours of IV fluids and antibiotics (just in case), Grace began to perk up and return to her active little self. She is now a-okay and recovering from RSV. She is eating like a champ, up 6 ounces from Thursday to weigh in at 8lbs even. She is still coughing and has some wicked nasal congestion but she is on the mend and should be better soon!

1 comment:

Misty said...

I don't check your blog often enough, obviously! I miss 2 posts in one day???? You are so sweet, and I love being your best friend (are we 5?) ;)....hehe. You are SO sweet!