Anyway -- November 21st Sam celebrated his third birthday! What a celebration it was! The third birthday is celebrated in the Pearson house with a party that for the first time involves friends. Sam declared early on that he wanted a "cookie monster chocolate birthday at Chuck E. Cheese." He held fast to that and so were happy to oblige. We (and the rest of Katy) celebrated Sunday afternoon, the week before his actual birthday. He was in absolute heaven. He received lots of fun gifts and enjoyed thoroughly being the center of attention.
Sam, at three, is losing his baby-ness. His cheeks are slimming and he's losing his toddler tummy rapidly. He's developing "grown-up" hand gestures and facial expressions when he speaks. He loves saying, "that's what I'm talking about" when something funny happens. Sam is still my physical child. He approaches the world through his ability to manipulate it with his hands and feet. And he's still my shy one, always observant but rarely heard by strangers. Of course at home he's a chatterbox and truly enjoying stretching his wings with me at home while Jack is at school. As of his birthday, Sam is still boycotting haircuts and has long flowing locks (TODAY Sam decided to cut his hair...almost 14 months after his last one). He really is a pretty little boy. He has a personality that is all his own -- I often describe him this way: Sam does not walk to the beat of a different drummer; in Sam's world there is no drummer, there is just Sam in a field, spinning in a circle. He frequently chooses outfits that contain the oddest assortment of clothing and accessories, usually worn in a way unintended by the designer. I just go with it -- some things are worth the fight. And I'm proud that he takes the initiative to try to care for himself.
Here's my handsome little man. Oh be still my heart!
3 comments:
I'm still checking in!
Your little Sam is precious! Can't wait to hear more of his adventures, as well as stories about all of his siblings!
When he looks like that, he can ask Grammy for anything in the world, and guess what?? He absolutely gets it!! AND.... he knows this!! Cracks me up. I love that game. I know, I'm weak, so very weak. I justify it with the "grammy clause". I can b/c I'm his grammy!! :)
Cutest. Picture. EVER. It was so good to see you guys the other night for a few minutes.
Post a Comment