Notice a short, random post from earlier today? That was Jack, my new guest blogger. It'll be a weekly thing, his posting. For writing I'm having him compose weekly blog posts. My rationale for this multi-faceted. First, we live in a digital world and I want him to begin to learn to use the tools of that world. Second, writing for an audience is always a good idea. He won't get peer-reviews and such at home so this blog offers the next best thing. YOU!
I will not be proofing his work before he posts it nor am I giving him any constraints regarding topic. After each post, he and I will talk about conventions of writing and will discuss how to improve. Obviously, if you read the last post you'll notice we'll need to work on cohesion and how to pick a main topic!
How can you help? Comment! Ask questions, reply with your own thoughts. Don't worry about correcting him, that's my job as teacher. But feedback from an audience is something I can manufacture here, which is why we need you! But remember, like too much correction can frustrate him, too much praise can do the same (especially if he realizes the praise is unwarranted or unequal to his ability). The most important thing you can do is simply be real with him. Comment if you are a commenter, don't if you aren't. Comment if you have something to say, don't if you don't.
Hopefully we will see the growth of a writer through this process. And if nothing else, at least there will be something new here weekly!
No comments:
Post a Comment