I'm a MOM (Mother Of Many) and wife. Here I chronicle loves and laughter, tears and fears; all while trying to seek first His kingdom, simply, authentically, completely.
Friday, November 14, 2008
WOW
I consider myself a relatively eduated person: I have a college degree, a few hours in a master's program (that I'll probably never finish but that's a different post), I've worked in a specialized field, I read when time permits -- I mean I figure I've got a decent grasp on the world of "to-know." At least I thought I did until I came across a particular advertisement. Luke forwarded this to me -- I think secretly to test my skills of deduction (I failed miserably, by the way!). The ad was entitled, "wow char for sale"; immediately the English teacher in me assumed that char was really chair, a product of a simple typographical error. Boy was I wrong -- the first line of the ad proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt reading, "1 Undead Mage level 70 Char with both pvp/pve sets. All epics, no blues" WHAT??? The longer I read the VERY lengthy ad the more I became certain my brain was going to implode -- the letters I know, even some of the words I know but I couldn't make sense of what it was saying. Finally, after a little help from Luke, I realized that the ad in question was selling a character for the popular game World of Warcraft. Did you know people sell these characters? And how much do you suppose a character goes for in the gaming world? I bet you aren't guessing high enough as this particular ad wants a whopping $650 for it's character. I didn't pay that much for my kitchen table! Now I've splurged in my time on items some might deem ridiculous -- the sassy Stuart Weitzman shoes I wore on my honeymoon for example -- but I cannot imagine paying $650 for a FILE on a computer server with which to play a game. I almost choked when I realized it was going to cost $150 for Jack to play little league basketball IN REAL LIFE. So I ask, in all serious, did you know this world existed? If you are part of this world, PLEASE explain to this very ignorant blogger the value of such a file that would prompt anyone to part with that much money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment