Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oh Joy! Oh Joy! We're having a...

LITTLE GIRL!! Yeah...I know the fake-out rhyme is lame but it's been swirling around in my head for a week. I was worried if I didn't get it out my brain might explode.

Here is a picture of our sweet little girl.



To say we were shocked is an understatement. I think my reaction was "SHUT UP!" when the tech pointed out her "girl-ness". Luke and I both thought from the beginning that baby was a girl but I think we convinced ourselves that it would be a boy since we already have the gruesome twosome. Now...we're both overwhelmed. We went shopping (DUH!) after the appointment and wandered around the stores wide-eyed, unsure of what to even touch much less purchase.

Naturally our good news didn't come without drama. The tech was running behind when we arrived so I saw my OB first and was then sent back to the waiting room. After almost 30 minutes of waiting and after watching the waiting fill up with other women and after hearing that most of them were waiting for ultrasounds I approached the receptionist to inquire exactly how far behind schedule things were running. She responded with confusion -- I was not on the ultrasound schedule. After some researching it appears that when I confirmed my appointment the day before the person I spoke with cancelled my appointment rather than confirm it. In turn the receptionist vowed to "get me in when it was possible" and she put my name at the end of the rather LONG list. Not my proudest moment but I have to admit that's when the pregnancy tears began to fall. Fortunately my OB's nurse happened upon the situation and took things into her very capable hands. We were called back for the ultrasound about 5 minutes later. I told Luke it was a good thing they had taken my blood pressure BEFORE that rather than after.

No matter...we got the news we wanted -- a healthy baby is growing within. We did have the tech check three different times to be sure that CT is in fact a girl. This is one I'm going to have to trust her training on -- I couldn't tell anything. Luke and I chalked it up to a lack of boy parts (those we have some experience spotting) had to mean girl. Now we're working on a name and nursery things. Her wardrobe is already being stocked and I'm in the market for large bows for her cute little head. Here's to an uneventful 17 weeks.

2 comments:

Amanda & Brian said...

Awww...congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :) I think you'll pick up on the girl stuff just fine. Those boys need a little girl around to keep them in line. ;)

Misty said...

I'm so happy for you!! :)