I've done a lot of that lately -- crying out loud. Sometimes it's quiet, baby cries usually because the noise of life has quieted and my thoughts and fears and "what-ifs" race in and overwhelm me. And sometimes, like yesterday, it's giant body-shaking sobs, the product of nothing short of heartbreak. Yes, it seems tears are in abundance these days. And yes, it's usually adoption related, although not always my adoption.
I weep daily for sweet little Ugandan angels as I witness their stories thousands of miles away through the writing of another adopting mom. I weep often when I read of others who really get the emotions that I often don't have the ability to express.
But the loudest cries seem to come alone, with no tears, emanating from a deep space within. They don't come often, fortunately. Last night they came though. When the phone rang again with the promise of our new little ones only to bring news that we'd lost them. Again. For the third time. Three times now we've been called and three times now we've opened home and hearts and three times now we've been left without. It hurts friends, I'm not going to lie.
But I know I'll survive; we will survive. And while I may not understand the journey, may be confused by the route, I know that this ride was Divinely appointed. I want it to end that way; it would be such a shame to begin a journey with Divine intervention only to end it with human short-sightedness. And so we'll continue to prepare, continue to pray. We'll continue to open our home and our hearts. We'll continue to wait all the while trying to enjoy the journey.
4 comments:
That last paragraph hit me like a brick! Our situation is on opposite ends of the spectrum and still that sentiment rings true to my situation. Thank you for sharing your heart. You don't know how that has helped me this evening!
how do I never see your posts? crying with you and for you. Loved what it's almost naptime had to say. I would definitely say you're under attack! Praying for those angel armies to surround all 5-7 of you nwo!
Can't pretend I know what you are going through, but know I am praying for you and loving ALL of you!
Hi Valerie,
I am deeply touched by your heart to submit to God's plan even when it doesn't make sense. I've been there too. It's when I am most useful to God. I'll be praying for your adoption. Tonya LaTorre
Post a Comment